I am confined to a wheelchair. Does MOX have vehicles to provide service for me?
● Passengers who are wheelchair bound and unable to move from his/her wheelchair to the shuttle vehicle seat will require an ADA MO-X or Doc & Norm Direct vehicle.
● MO-X and Doc & Norm Direct will provide specially fitted equipment that will allow the passenger to board the MO-X or Doc & Norm Direct vehicle via an ADA approved lift system.
● The passenger will remain in his/her wheelchair while boarding and for the duration of the shuttle trip.
● If you have any further concerns or needs please contact our office directly.
I have an assist animal. How does MOX handle my special needs?
● MO-X and Doc & Norm Direct welcome service animals used by persons with disabilities.
● An animal may accompany a customer with a disability in the vehicle, provided the animal can be accommodated without obstructing an aisle.
● Service animals may not block an aisle or other area used for emergency evacuations.
● There is no fee for service animals used by customers with disabilities.
● A harness, tag or vest indicating status as a service animal will be helpful in distinguishing them to MO-X and Doc & Norm Direct personnel.
● However, credible verbal assurance that the animal is providing a service to assist with a disability will suffice should an inquiry be made.
I have an animal for emotional support. Is there a special way this is handled?
● Emotional support service animals are service animals that provide emotional support to an individual with a mental health-related disability.
● Per the Department of Transportation, we require appropriate documentation to permit emotional support animals to travel in the MO-X and Doc & Norm Direct vehicles.
● Advance notice is strongly recommended to ensure all paperwork is in order. Specifically, we require a letter on letterhead from a mental health care professional (physician or psychologist) stating the following:
● that the passenger has a mental health-related disability
● a mental health-related disability (any individual who has a mental impairment that, on a permanent or temporary basis,
substantially limits one or more major life activities, has a record of such an impairment, or is regarded as having such an impairment)
● major life activities (functions such as caring for one's self, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning, and walking)
● that the person providing the documentation is a licensed mental health care professional or physician
● that the passenger is under his or her professional care for the mental health related disability for which the passenger needs an emotional support animal
● and that having the animal travel with the passenger is necessary to the passenger's mental health and/or treatment or to assist the passenger with his or her mental health-related disability
● Passengers should contact our office directly if they have further concerns or questions.